Twitter client for AmigaOS and MorphOS with many features:
- Map view for locating tweets
- Search for tweets within currently viewed map
- Skinnable timeline
- Preview of linked images
- Update of status (send new tweets)
- Load list of mentions
- Show user information and related tweets
- Search function (user and tweets)
- Follow / Unfollow
- Avatars in most formats (png, jpg, gif)
- MUI interface
- OAuth support
- URLs opened in browser
- No ixemul.library needed (AmigaOS only)
twittAmiga uses libcurl, libssl and others (see license folder for
copyright information), therefore the executable is quite large. You should
have at least 6 MB RAM.
The GUI should be self-explanatory for twitter users. However, here a short
description of the buttons in the toolbar:
- Pred: Loads the previous page of the timeline.
- Next: Loads the next page of the timeline.
- Reload: Reloads the current page.
- Home: Goes to the first page of the home timeline.
- Send: Sends a new tweet (enter text into text editor above).
- Tweet: Searches for tweets with the string entered in the text editor above.
- User: Searches for user containing the string entered in the text editor above.
- Map: Searches for tweets matching the string entered in the text editor and that are sent from a place on the currently viewed map. You can leave the search string empty to view all tweets on map.
- Mentions: Shows tweets mentioning you.
You can retweet by clicking the envelope icon on the left side of the tweet.
By clicking the name of a user you can see detailed informations about
him/her. On this user page you can also follow/unfollow him/her by clicking
the icon under his(her overview.
There is also a menu for MUI settings and to switch the map view on and off.
The configuration is done via tooltypes of the twittamiga.info. These are:
- ACCOUNT: Your E-Mail address that you use for login.
- PASSWORD: The corresponding password.
- TWEETS_PER_PAGE: The number of tweets that are shown on one page.
- BROWSER: Full path to the browser you want to use to open links.
- THEME: The name of the theme for the timeline. This is the name of a directory within the twittAmiga directory.
- CACHE: Path to a dir to store caching files. An / or : must be appended.
- VIEW_MAP: YES or NO to view map on start or not.
- MAP_SIZE_X: The width of the map image in pixel.
- MAP_SIZE_Y: Height of the map image in pixel.
You can also create your own themes. A theme is simply a set of files from
which a html page is created:
- header: The content of this file is the start of the timeline page.
- template: This file is used for every tweet. There are some keywords that are replaced by twittAmiga to insert the text of the tweet, the sender of the tweet and so on.
- user: Template for the deailed information overview of a user, similar to the template above.
- footer: The content of this file is added to the end of the timline page.
You also have to provide the images link.png, retweet.png, user_add.png,
user_delete.png and retweeted.png. It is also possible to change the
images of the toolbar. Simply replace the PNG images in the icons folder.
Question: It does not start and does not show anything. What is happening?
Solution: Maybe there are missing libraries. Check the list above carefully.
Question: twittAmiga crashes when I push any button, is there a bug?
Solution: twittAmiga uses floating point integers for calculating the
progress bar. Maybe you need a fpu library. I suggest:
util/sys/Mu680x0Libs.lha from Aminet. If this does not solve
the problem please the next question.
Question: I have problem XYZ. How can I solve it?
Solution: Try to start twittAmiga from a shell by typing:
You will see a long log of everything what is happening. Maybe
there are error messages that can help you.
Question: Where can I get news and help?
Solution: Follow me on twitter: twittAmiga or search the web for forum
Question: HTMLView displays a message, that it is an old beta. Where
can I get a new version?
Solution: The newest version is available on sourceforge, but it is from
2007. At the moment, you likely have the newest.
Question: Why do the colors of the user images look strange?
Solution: See bugs.
Question: My window does not fit onto screen, what can I do?
Solution: You can configure the MUI for this window. Select „TheBar“
and choose to view images only.
– Added map view
– Added search on map
– Added caching for maps and city search
– Added menu strip
– Fixed many memory issues related to MUI
– Fixed progress bar
– Bug fix: Sent tweets are now converted to correct character encoding
– Bug fix: Multiple links in one tweet now handled correctly
– Bug fix: Links are now correct even if tweet contains unicode characters
– Bug fix: last references to xml2.library removed
– Bug fix: Retweet working again.
– Partially rewritten for new twitter API 1.1
– Uses now JSON instead of XML
– HTTPS instead of HTTP
– Native MorphOS version
– Bugfix in search function
– Error messages fixed
– Icons now better for plain AOS 3
– Search for user added
– User timeline
– Bugfixes in time handling
– Changed from libxml2 to xml2.library, no more ixemul!
– Less RAM needed
– Debug output optional
There is an issue about the libcurl. On some systems twittAmiga can be started
from a shell only a few times until it stops showing images. If this happens,
start it from workbench or restart the shell.
This version will not work on OS 4 with the native HTMLView, since it has
many bugs. You can try the 68k HTMLView on OS 4, but likely there will be
problems with the bsdsocket.library and the xml2.library.
On MorphOS HTMLView works better but the png decoder is unusable. Just go to the
folder sys:classes/mui/htmlview and rename or delete the png.decoder. The
datatype.decoder works much better.